Sunday, November 3, 2013

Gab Time with Author K Meador - October 2013

 Gab Time with Author K Meador

In this edition, (October 2013), of Gab Time, Author K Meador will reveal a bit about Planes, Scuba Diving and Books. What a diverse set of topics!


Planes:
I have been in the aviation industry for 14 years. I started in Abilene, Texas then moving to Greenville, Texas. After ten years with the past two companies, I went contracting and held jobs in: Savannah, GA, North Charleston, SC, Honolulu, Hawaii, and Tracy, California. I am currently residing in Oklahoma City, OK. With all my travels, I have made new friends to blend in with those of the past.
Last week, I left the maintenance side of aviation and entered into the quality control department.  This is an exciting new chapter in my life outside of books!

Scuba Diving:
When my two boys, Devon and Logan, were teenagers we took the PADI Open Water Diving Course one summer. It was a fun filled and busy few weeks as we learned about diving. Along with the awesome videos of diving we also learned about the dangers. A few years later, I got to dive in Hawaii. Unfortunately, my underwater camera didn’t work and I missed out on some wonderful photo opportunities.
Devon, my older son, is now pursuing a career in diving. He is a Master Scuba Diver with Instructor Rating. He spent a year in Mexico, and when he came back he went to Indiana for a short term job. He is now looking at potential jobs located in California, Oklahoma City and The Virgin Islands.

Writing:
Congrats goes out to Mary Dunn and Scarlett Harrell who won a free gift of The Knight of the Dixie Wilds for contributing character names to The Inner Chamber, my work in progress.
The Inner Chamber has approximately 40,000 words written and is going through a complex editing rehashing right now. With my aviation workload easing, I see the completion of this book to come soon.
Over the summer, I entered a short story into the Cisco Writing Club 37th Annual Writing Contest. You can view the short story on my blog and would love to read your comments about it!

For more information click on the following links:
Website                              Blog                       My Books on Amazon                    Facebook

2 comments:

Thank you for visiting!