Sunday, November 24, 2013

Question and Answer

Recently when I told a coworker that my passion is writing, I was asked these questions. To be honest, I stumbled over the answers when talking to him. So I thought that I would share them here with a little more thought process involved in the answers. Next time I am asked these questions, I hope to be better prepared. 

1) What are you working on right now?  

I have three works in progress right now. The Inner Chamber is a Christian Suspense full-length novel. Release date is still in negotiation.


I am breaking into the children's genre by writing for my grandchildren, Jasmine and Gabriel. On Top of the Rainbow will be published in December 2013 and Melting Butter is planned for January 2014. 

2) How does it differ from other work in the genre?


With The Inner Chamber being a Christian suspense thriller, it brings in variables of the Christian faith, and, of course, evil vs. good. I think it is different because it brings in elements of an unseen world into the physical. Interwoven with angels vs. demons, and evil vs. good, this story is testing my ability to write well and bring each scene to the level of intensity it demands. 



3) Why do you write?

I write because I love to create. I can't draw or paint, and I love to read. I like to get all of the thoughts out and writing allows me to do that. The only regret is I am unable to do it full time at this point in my life. 

The first time I wrote was for a high school project and the story was called, "No Way Out." I earned $15.00 for winning first place. 


4) How does your process work?

First, with a small nugget that filtered into my crazy mind. Then it expands. I usually know the beginning and the end of the story. The challenge is filling in the between. As I go along, characters I didn't know was going to appear, materialize. This is the fun part about the process. I am sometimes surprised at where my characters take me. Editing takes the longest - up to three times the amount that I spend writing. Then comes the marketing. 


5) Do you design your covers?


 Unfortunately, I am not talented enough to design my own book covers. My friend and business owner, Cheryl Casey Ramirez, designs most of my book covers and she has done one book trailer for me. In addition, she helped me with my website, www.authorkmeador.com, and she is doing the illustrations for both my children's books. If interested in her work you can visit her at: http://www.ccrbookcoverdesign.com/

Because she is awesome here is, A Little About CCR:

My name is Cheryl. I studied art at Texas State University and earned a Bachelor of Art degree. I design book covers, illustrate children's books, draw and paint, and build things for my home. I have to have disco music playing in order to clean my house (my mom's fault).

I love to read and have definitely bought books because the cover attracted me and hoped it delivered on the inside. Every time I see a low-end cover that is probably hurting the author's sales, I wish I could give it a makeover.

I'm just like you. Making the most of the talents God blessed me with. Making the most of the opportunities in this crazy, awesome online world.

A few years ago I married my high school friend Johnny. Between us we have one college kid and two teenagers.

If you're curious about the stuff I make for my home (with Johnny's help usually), dig around over on my blog Mama's Got a Chainsaw.

Have a great day and remember: "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter." -Yoda

.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting!