Sunday, December 8, 2013

Snippet Sunday 12/8/2-13

On Top of the Rainbow

Five year old Gabe runs away from home. While in the forest he meets Lep and Elita and climbs a rainbow. On Top of the Rainbow he must make the decision to cross over to a land of delight or go back to his family that he loves. 

Come and visit with Gabe, Lep and Elita as they discover the importance of family love.


Click here to purchase from Amazon


Excerpt:

Gabe crept up to take a closer look. He noticed the critter had purple shoes, blue pants that stopped at the ankle, and a brown shirt with orange suspenders. Its arms were long and had bony fingers. Beside the critter sat a huge black pot filled to the brim with shiny gold coins. Gabe's eyes grew large at the sight. Curious to see more, he tiptoed towards the pot. 

The critter's eyes popped open. One was red and the other yellow. He stood up, placed his hands on its hips, and bellowed, "Halt! Who goes there?!" 






12 comments:

  1. Oh, this sounds so charming and I felt I was right there at Gabe's side.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry it took so long to respond to your comment Sherry - been a busy busy week. Thank you for the nice comment. This story is dedicated to my grandson Gabriel.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you Allyson, it was fun writing this story. :) Thank you for stopping by my blog.

      Delete
  3. This book sounds adorable, and I love the description.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Paula. It is hard to write a good blurb especially on a story that is so short! lol Thank you for stopping by and visiting!

      Delete
  4. I loved the way the words flow, what a fascinating story you have here - great excerpt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I think the story went through approximately nine critique reviews before getting to the final. Thank you for stopping by and visiting. :)

      Delete
  5. This sounds like a winner to me. Great excerpt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elaine. I certainly hope it is a winner to my grandson who this was written for!

      Delete
  6. Really nice description, I like the way you use colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Linda :) I hired an illustrator for the cover and pictures. I think she did a good job. Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting!