Sunday, March 9, 2014

Biggest Loser at Work: Falling Behind.

Me and Pistol Pete
March 8, 2014

Hello to those following my journey on successful lifestyle change – notice I did not say the “D” Word. To keep on track this is the end of week one and the beginning of week two. 

This week has been interesting. I got discouraged from my .3 loss the week before and quit. In my mind, in my food intake, in my activities, I just quit. I had fast food five days of the week and I did no – zilp, zilch, nada, none – exercise.

Then I read a post on one of the social medias that I belong to that said: A 20 minute daily walk reduces the chance of stroke and heart attack. At that point I had an a-ha moment and realized I need to stop being concerned about the number on the scale and be concerned with my overall health.

This past Wednesday I talked to both the day and night shift about the benefits of juicing. We talked about the pros and the cons and I passed out two different types of juices. One was straight celery juice. 16 ounces a day will help reduce water retention. And the other one was Cruciferous which included broccoli, cauliflower, kale leaves, lemon and apples. There was a varied of responses within the groups about the juices.   

Then comes Friday, March 7th 2014, weigh in day.  

I work swing shift so when I got up, I went to work to weigh in and I was shocked to see that I lost two pounds. Now that isn’t much when you consider there were people who lost up to 14 pounds in one week! But for me, I was happy to see the two pound loss!  
I am now back on track with my diet and exercise and I am looking forward to my sister coming to see me this week. I will definitely have a workout buddy with her. We will be working out with Nurse Kratchett, as Nurse Debbie is sometimes referred to, on Tuesday and Thursday with a 45 minute circuit in the gym and on Wednesday my sister and I will put the work in at the Planet Fitness gym where I am a member.  

The attached photo shows the competitors and their percentage of weight loss. My name is circled in red. However, if you notice I do not have my percentage next to it. I think that was an error on the Nurse Kratchett’s part. Do you know how to figure your weight loss percentage? Follow this simple formula: weight loss divided by starting weight multiplied by 100. For example: A 200 hundred pound person loses 1.5 lbs, what is the percentage of weight loss? 1.5/200=.0075  .0075*100=.75% 

My weight loss percentage for week one was 1.19; 11th place out of 34. As you can see from the chart I have a long way to go to catch up to the first place competitor who lost an amazing 7.34%.  

Soon, I will be interviewing the Biggest Loser at Work season two winner, Glenn Triplett, to get his story on how he overcame his struggles and became a huge supporter of the Biggest Loser at Work program.

Here’s to our health!

My percentage is 1.19

 Do you like to read? Why not check out one of my books on the right side panel. Just click on the image and it will take you to the Amazon page. 

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your progress. Congrats on losing a few pounds - never easy. Good luck with the program.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I know it's frustrating, believe I know, but from what you have been texting me about your exercise is maybe you aren't pushing yourself hard enough. I know you workout almost everyday, excluding last week, but going for a walk at 3.6 speed for 45 minutes isn't pushing you, maybe you should go for a walk at 4.3 for 20 minutes and then do an elliptical workout. I think next week will be an eye opener with the circuit training :) I guess I just want to say keep going, keep pushing yourself, and don't be comfortable with your workouts. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bethany - Love you too - Can't wait to see you!

      Delete

Thank you for visiting!