Tuesday, July 8, 2014

A trip into the past...#Hawaii

In the summer of 2012, I was able to spend some time on Ohau, Hawaii. Three months to be exact. 

But before I go there, a bit of some background. I am an aircraft mechanic in addition to being an author. 
I have been an aircraft mechanic for fifteen years. It is because of my aviation maintenance experience that I was able to spend three months on Ohau at the cost of a company. The company paid for the hotel, rental car, and gave me a weekly per diem. Heaven on earth? Oh yes! I worked approximately 50 hours a week and still had two days to go exploring the island. I fell in love. I am still in love. 

My time on Ohau was amazing. I met some wonderful people, saw
some amazing sites, and allowed the sunsets to swallow me. I swam with the dolphins, snorkeled with eels, scuba dived to the Sea Tiger, went horse back riding to movie sets, and had a small octopus cling to my forearm for about ten minutes where we were eye to eye before he scurried off to tend to his business. Island life is good. 

I saw people on the beach at six am partaking in activities such as paddle boarding, ocean aerobics, and yoga. I went to museums, gardens, lighthouse, waterfalls, hiked the mountains, and swam with the turtles. With job I visited Waikiki to celebrated the fourth of July and visited the Big Island for three days to celebrate my birthday. I saw talented singers and actors on the Waikiki strip and ate at the Hard Rock Cafe several times.


While there, I visited Pearl Harbor. What a time of remembrance and thank you to all the veterans, past and present, for what you do, and what you sacrifice.





And now, my son, who is turning 22 this month has landed a job on 
Maui as a scuba diver tour guide. I can not express how proud I am of him. He is certainly having fun while making a name for himself with the Lahaina Divers. If you make it out to Lahaina, Maui, please find the Lahaina Divers and ask for Devon. 





Author K. Meador is a mom to two grown sons who are currently pursuing their adult lives outside the home. For the past several years, she has traveled with her job and has now settled down in Oklahoma City area.

She enjoys photography, walking, and visiting with family and friends.

Please leave a comment on this blog and share if you are so inclined.  Author K. Meador has six books published which are available in paperback, eBook, and four are on audio.  Thank you. Your support is truly appreciated. 





5 comments:

  1. So bloody jealous. What a wonderful place. I've only been to the US once (Flagstaff, Az) loved it, but Hawaii? Wow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, It was an opportunity of a lifetime that was for sure!

      Delete
  2. On my bucket list - lucky you :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you - maybe we could go together one day :)

      Delete
  3. Hawaii looks an awesome place to go!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting!