Sunday, September 28, 2014

#Sunday #Snippet The Knight of the Dixie Wilds

Today's Sunday Snippet comes from The Knight of the Dixie Wilds. Based on true events set after the American Civil War, this book will give you a glimpse into the Reconstruction Years of the South.

US Amazon Link


Maggie had also drawn her pistol. The picket stepped behind a tree and said, “Don’t shoot Maggie; it is I, Hal Douglas.”
Maggie re-holstered her gun and demanded, “What are you doing in the jungle at this late hour?”
“I will ask you the same question,” replied Hal. “What brought you here?”
With a mischievous smile, Maggie replied, “My horse brought me.”
“Don’t get smart with me this time, Maggie. I am on picket duty. Now, tell me why you are here.”
“All right, Hal, I will tell you. I heard it whispered yesterday that the recall of Buck was being considered. It was reasonable to suppose that Colonel Tyler would be consulted on the matter.
“I want to speak to him before the question is disposed of. En route to his house this evening, I saw him and Bill Thompson riding toward the swamp. As a matter of policy, I did not follow at once, but soon after they were out of sight, I took up their trail and followed it to this point.
“Move out of the trail and let me pass. I must find them.”
“You can go no farther, Maggie. The Clan is in session under those large trees over there by the lake and my orders are to let no one except a Clansman pass that way.”
“Go tell Colonel Tyler to come here. If you refuse to do this, I will ride into their presence.”




Author K. Meador is a mom to two grown sons who are currently pursuing their adult lives outside the home. For the past several years, she has traveled with her job and has now settled down in Oklahoma City area.

She enjoys photography, walking, and visiting with family and friends.

Please leave a comment on this blog and share if you are so inclined.  Author K. Meador has six books published which are available in paperback, eBook, and four are on audio.  Thank you. Your support is truly appreciated. 





















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting!