Thursday, February 19, 2015

#IndieBooksBeSeen United...or not. That is the question...

When I was in High School, my sport of choice was Basketball. In addition, I  participated in Band, Cross Country, and Track.

I found that team interactions helped to build confidence, strength, skills, and courage. But, I also found that if you weren't part of the "in" crowd then you were tolerated not accepted. 

How often can something be better when a united front is given than when personal inflection and prejudices are interjected. And it didn't come from the peers only; coaches had (and have) a large impact on how a team functions. 

IndieBooksBeSeen is a team project. It is not about a certain person or a certain genre. Sometimes, in the wave of the moment when a large mass of individuals collide it becomes chaotic, unorganized and supportive persons are often overlooked. Don't be that person who makes it all about themselves. 

As independent authors we need to stand together, in all genres, to build a force which will be able to stand in front of the Big Publishers and say, "Here we are and here we will stay." 

Join and be active in the #IndieBooksBeSeen movement. 

Start today by: 

  • Search for the hashtag #IndieBooksBeSeen on social media
  • Buy Indie Books
  • Read and write reviews for indie authors
  • Post reviews on twitter, linked in, instagram, facebook, google plus and more
  • join the goodreads book club
  • Spotlight Indie Authors on your blog
Support one another by sharing their posts without keeping score on who is, or isn't, sharing yours. 


6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hi K.J. It is nice to meet you. I hope that we can become better acquainted. Thank you for commenting on this blog and I am glad you are a fellow Indie Author!

      Delete
  2. Here! Here! I do my best to be active with #indiebooksbeseen and spread the word.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Patricia! It is great to meet you. Thanks for stopping by and commenting. I hope we can get to know each other better!

      Delete
  3. I'm in! Been reading and reviewing indie authors whenever I can. Am starting to feature other indie authors more on my blog now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine! I know your visits to my blog are very appreciated and supportive! I am posting blog spotlights on Indie Authors as well :)

      Delete

Thank you for visiting!