Saturday, August 1, 2015

Transcendence written by K. Meador #Christian #Poetry


 Diamond In the Rough


a diamond in the rough
is what I am

my shine comes from the edges
that are cut from the rough rock;
my cuts doesn’t come from myself
but is created by the Creator of me

my Creator chose me
a rough, uncut, unpolished diamond in the rough
to become beautiful in Him, portraying His love to everyone

I am not a symbol of perfection
I am not a symbol of grace
I am not a symbol of wealth
I am a symbol of a slave
for I was bought at a heavy price

but being a slave is not burdensome
being a slave is what hews out the shape I am in
being a slave unto His righteousness
will only make me righteous

pounding, chipping, nicking;
cutting, pricking, prodding;
polishing, smoothing, shining;
the work is not done

hold it up into the Light
and you will see the many angles, facets, surprises
the Light shines upon the cut edges
and bounces off onto other shapes and objects
twinkling in the darkness

I notice that when He shines on me
I shine on others naturally
they wonder what I have;
I wonder what they see

but it comes as clear as the diamond
that it is Jesus in me that they see




Available in paperback, kindle, and audio. 













Author K. Meador is a mom to two grown sons who are currently pursuing their adult lives outside the home. For the past several years, she has traveled with her job and has now settled down in Oklahoma City area.

She enjoys photography, walking, and visiting with family and friends.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting!